Monday, March 14, 2011

"I Turn Old Lovers Into Sea Monsters"

"Writing a poem is like transcending space and time, especially if it's based on something true. And they're all sort of true. I turn old lovers in to sea monsters and haunted European forests. It feels like rewriting history the way it happened in some parallel universe. I should have known from the beginning things were going to go wrong"-- Claudia  Lamar, in her introduction to Phantom Kangaroo Number Four.  (I have one of my 13 sentence poems up in issue number five.)

2 comments:

  1. enjoyed your poem in phantom kangaroo, and what an appealing journal.
    at times your poem reminded me of a ghazal due to the repetition of "hands" at the end of some lines.
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can think of so many old lovers that I would sincerely love turning into a sea monster...

    ReplyDelete