Saturday, July 9, 2011

And It All Worked Out So Well

A while back I was contacted by a gent named Joe Robinson, who is doing a project connecting musicians to writers for collaborative work.  Songs, in this case. Joe asked me to send him some poems.  He ended up putting one to music, and I am delighted with the results.  Big shout out to Logan Square Literary Review, where Joe first saw my work.  (But by the way, I never got a contributor copy--hey Logan Square Lit folks, do you still have one you could send me?) And I had always thought of the poem Joe chose to work on as a song.  It was inspired by the wordsmith songcraft genius of Peter Mulvey. You can listen to Joe's work, along with other collaborations he has arranged, right here.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, but this is awfully good! Indeed, I laughed--aloud!--several times. More; more, I say!

    Richard

    ReplyDelete