Thursday, January 3, 2013

News from the First Few Days of the Year

I have three new poems up at Right Hand Pointing.  They all originate a small notebook I write in now and then on my morning commute on the train. When I filled one notebook up I looked through it to see where poems might be working to be born.

While poking around the RHP site I found this digital chapbook by Jeanie Tomasko and liked the poems a lot. Recommended for those of you who don't mind God walking into a poem and taking the whole contraption over.

Here's another Helen Adam video, because I am a bit obsessed.  (I love how she rolls her R's in Rat and Roach in this song.) I also found some sound files to listen to this weekend--Helen at Naropa both reading and lecturing.


2 comments:

  1. Glad to see the poems, Robert. (We both had cicadas and morning glories in our poems! Despite the prohibition against cicadas....!!)

    Oh, the last one smacked me in the heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathleen. Cicada are such weird and unlikely critters. More poems should host them, I think.

      Delete