Sunday, May 5, 2013

Today's Thrift Store Purchase

Just when I think I am all done with spiders, there's this, prominently displayed at my local thrift/card/framing shop:






It was not the cover photo that sold me, but the text:

"At first there were a great many little spiders in the egg sac. Almost all the eggs hatched. But before very long the little spiders began to eat one another. Young spiders are cannibals. The little spiders stayed in the egg sac all winter. They kept on eating one another. Of course, the stronger ones were the ones that lived. The weaker ones were eaten up."

I want to make that into a Grimm fairy tale.

2 comments:

  1. Ew, ew, ew. (But I think we have this book at home.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this blog is very useful for us.because we learn many things from this blog
    spiders

    ReplyDelete