1. Now the stern
will not let us
until every mouthful
of the season
2. On the way to work I imagine
the possum to be the issue of a marriage
between a rat and a dog.
3. No action on the playground but the melting
of the snow
4. Speaking of snow, this morning, tracks
on my back porch: nobody
but the racoon has such
5. Sometimes I need to get out of the way and let language have
its fun. That's what i think the poet Eric Baus
6. Which little house makes you breathe?
7. The air as cold as a drawer of knives in an abandoned North Dakota cabin. The air as cold as
my handful of knives.